I have a soft spot for Sixties style, after-all the 1960s saw the rise of the nude lip, for which I’ll be eternally grateful and who doesn’t love a cut crease?
When I was asked to write about 1960s make up to celebrate Hairspray The Musical * -which is coming to Cardiff in March!- I instantly thought of one of my all time favourite style icons, Priscilla Presley; Queen of big black hair, heavy eyeliner and of course the nude lip.
I’ve rounded up a handful of products you’re going to want in your arsenal when creating Sixties looks that Priscilla would be proud of.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more info read my disclaimer.
1. ARTDECO matte white eyeshadow – use a good primer under this to get a nice matte colour for that classic bold black and white 60s cut crease.
2. Eye Candy Sixties lashes wear these on top with separated heavy mascara on the bottom à la Twiggy.
3. H&M Beauty soft eyeliner pencils in pure white and jet black
4. MAC matte eyeshadow in Carbon
5. Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
6. Pure Colour Peach Matte Lipstick – One of my favourite Sixties trends is a pastel or nude shade on the lips. I’m really into this peach shade in matte.
7. MAC Retro Matte liquid lipcolour in Mademoiselle – Pair the matte lipstick with a matte gloss to make lips appear fuller.
What is your favourite aspect of Sixties glam?