After seemingly months of planning our kitchen renovation is finally underway and I’m beyond excited, albeit slightly less excited about the month of chaos and trying to cook without a working kitchen.
We had a good idea of what we wanted but as always, I turned to Pinterest for examples and inspiration. These are some of the Pins I’ve found along the way which best show the style we’ve chosen.
1. I tend to lean towards neutral colours when it comes to my home but as our kitchen units are very white, I fell in love with this bold and rich navy.
2. After trawling through countless paints, we decided on Stiffkey Blue from Farrow & Ball.
3. I love the Porto range of kitchenware from The White Company.
4. I have a major thing for exposed bulb lighting and old fashion industrial looking Edison bulbs.
5. I’ve learned a lot during this process, including the fact the Herringbone tiling pattern is not described as ‘metro tiles at an angle’.
6. Also that marble comes in lots of different colours, finishes and varieties. I now have more tile samples than I know what to do with (they’re too small to photograph a lipstick on, gutting).
7. I love exposed shelving and reclaimed wood, I’m going to store kitchenware and my favourite cook books on mine.
8. This light fixture is everything!
9. I couldn’t resist this little garlic house from The White Company. I love their product shots, everything they post is massive inspiration.
I’ve absolutely loved designing our kitchen as we’ve really had a totally blank canvas to work with. Everything from our existing kitchen will be going and we’ve even moved doors and walls around to get the best use of space we can.
I can’t wait to see it all finished and enjoy cooking in our new space.